If not, then why not?
Things have changed immeasurably over the course of the past 12 months… in fact customer behaviours change so fast it’s difficult to keep up! At the very core of understanding those customer behaviours is data and that is why it should play an intrinsic role in any marketing strategy.
In fact, if it doesn’t, you’re already missing out on a huge opportunity. Granted, analysing data can be a daunting task with so much of it available, but if you harness the power that insightful marketing data provides, it can really take your marketing campaigns to the next level.
Lets look at some of the ways you can leverage your data to really capitalise on those opportunities:
- It shows you quite clearly what’s working, and what’s not: Sometimes a marketing campaign just doesn’t quite hit the spot. It can happen and more often than not, it’s down to not analysing the data closely enough. When your marketing efforts are driven by data insight and analysis, you can gauge exactly what works and what doesn’t. By scrutinising the behaviours of your target audience and how it responds to your marketing campaigns, you can measure the strategies that are worth investing your marketing budget into and which are not.
- Data driven marketing enables you to reach the right audience: By now, it’s likely you know exactly who your target audience is and your ideal customer profiles. But, do you really know who your target audience is without looking at the data? Beyond that, do you know the customers within your target audience who are repeat customers and are loyal to your brand? Can you identify the customers that champion your brand and recommend you to their family and friends? This is where data driven marketing really excels. With a little effort, you can pick out those ‘ideal customers’ that are loyal to your business and keep coming back for more.
- Everyone else is doing it so don’t fall behind: Many would consider this the primary reason to utilise data driven marketing. The entire world is now driven by data, even in the places we don’t realise it. That means your competitors are using it too, and that in itself should be enough motivation for you to get on board. You may have a superior brand, infinitely better products and customer service levels unrivalled in your industry, but if your competitors are marketing to your target audience more effectively, chances are you’re missing out on some huge opportunities.
- It identifies exactly where to find your audience: So we’ve established you may know who your target audience and ideal customers are, but do you know where to find them? It’s like arranging to meet your friends in London but never specifying a location, and then spending hours searching the city in the hope you meet up. Marketing driven data allows you to identify exactly where your target audience are; be that online or at home. Would you dedicate a large portion of your marketing budget on Linkedin ads if your prospects spend most of their time on Instagram? By scrutinising the trends and the data, you can tailor your campaigns to ensure you are exactly where you need to be and at exactly the right times.
- You can provide solutions to your customers problems: In our eyes, this will always be the number 1 reason to let data drive your marketing. Ensuring they receive the best possible experience from your products or services is paramount. Part of that experience is understanding their pain points and offering the solutions to them. By scrutinising the data, you can gain valuable insight into the problems your customers are facing as well as how your customer would like those problems to be solved. Make it personal too. No-one likes the same generic ad’s that bear no relevance to their purchasing trends or interests, and everyone experiences different problems or issues. If you make the content personalised it demonstrates a genuine level of care for the people who are loyal to your brand and business. And that’s basically the key, always put the customer at the top of your priority list. Data driven marketing allows you to do that insightfully.
So there you have it. 5 ways data driven marketing can improve your marketing efforts and ensure better engagement with your target audience. We hope you find them useful and who knows, maybe you’ll even enjoy the process of getting to know your target audience better.
Thanks for taking the time to read this blog, if you require any assistance or would like to discuss your own direct mail campaigns, we’d be happy to help.