There are some very informative articles available; a good example being by the Economic and Social council on shaping society piece below:
From the research we have carried out, we appreciate that budgets are coming under increased pressure and we have highlighted savings of up to to 60% on outsourcing business mail.
A City council, Borough Council, County Council or Town council, with, for example, 50,000 residents may send over 300,000 letters per annum. On a basic pricing model this equates to over £100,000 in instant direct savings.
In addition there are a number of associated savings and increased efficiencies:
Benefits in brief
- Up to and potentially over 60% savings on standard mail processing and postage rates
- Further significant savings on working practises, working spaces and more efficient use of multi-function devices, toners and cost centre accountability
- Transparent pricing – you only pay for what you want to print. (less intangible costs on print jams, wasted materials and frustrated team members!)
- Increase in staff morale from having to gather in colleagues to fulfil envelopes for urgent mailings or manage print runs. Easing time pressures on normal ‘day job duties’.
- Reducing time wasted on waiting for devices to become available or returning back to the office to process a print run.
- Streamline in efficiencies, enabling printing and mailing to be instructed from anywhere to our postroom.online.
- Space saving from the storage of paper and envelopes, to the space needed to fulfil envelopes and with less pressure on desk space if instructions may be sent on-line from ‘home workers’.
- Partnership postage pricing; we work with you to set up accounts at the most cost-effective postage suppliers. Different mailing formats and quantities require different suppliers. We select the most efficient method to route your mail.
How it works
www.postroom.online can either:
- Be an additional print driver on your device, for you to simply go to print.
- A Pre-merged PDF through the encrypted email option.
- Or to maximise discounts we may need to prepare your data through a postage discount program, in which case we run and return to you for merging to PDF.
Our all-in price covers the materials required, paper and envelopes, the printing and fulfilment.
For print runs done via the print driver the reporting enables department heads to monitor their team’s usage, with security control and ensures that all instructions are attributed to a cost centre
Testing / trial
Whilst we appreciate it is delicate to introduce new methods of working, it is relatively straight forward to trial, prove the concept on an individual basis and instantly demonstrate benefits of the cost efficiencies.
It makes working easier, it enables the laborious manual operations to be efficiently outsourced and processed in a cost-effective manner, saving considerable time and money.
If appropriate, the ideal option is for us to do an audit of all the ‘in house’ printed documents, this is totally free of charge but will highlight the significant savings that can be made.
Thanks for taking the time to read this piece on postroom.online. If you need any further info or would like to talk to us about your business mail, feel free to contact us on 0118 474 888 or email@example.com.