Christmas is around the corner (we know, where has the year gone?!) but don’t worry, we’ve got you covered for the Royal Mail posting dates.
To make sure your Christmas post arrives in plenty of time, it’s worth making a note that the deadline for second class mail is Saturday, December 18 this year.
Royal Mail’s last Christmas posting dates for 2021
- Saturday, December 18 for second class mail
- Tuesday, December 21 for first class mail
- Thursday, December 23 for special delivery
When will Royal Mail not deliver post?
There will be no delivery and collection service from Christmas Day through to the Boxing Day Bank Holiday (December 28), however normal service will resume on Wednesday, December 29.
When are the last dates for sending post abroad?
Unfortunately, the last posting dates for International Economy have already passed:
- Monday, September 13 -for all non-European destinations (except South Africa, Canada, Middle and Far East, USA)
- Friday, October 15 for Middle and Far East, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Africa
- Monday, November 1 for Canada and USA
- Friday, November 26 for Cyprus, Eastern Europe, Greece, Iceland, Malta, Turkey
- Monday, November 29 for Western Europe
If you want to reach the rest of the world using the International Standard (formerly known as Airmail) service, these are the latest recommended posting dates for your diary, with some having already passed:
- Wednesday, December 1 for Caribbean
- Monday, December 6 for Australia and New Zealand
- Wednesday, December 8 for Africa, Central and South America, Asia, Far and Middle East
- Friday, December 10 for Cyprus and Malta
- Saturday, December 11 for Greece, Eastern Europe (except Czech Republic, Poland and Slovakia), Turkey
- Monday, December 13 for Canada, Czech Republic, Finland, Italy, Poland, Sweden, USA
- Thursday, December 16 for Austria, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland
- Saturday, December 18 for Belgium, France, Luxembourg
The last dates for International HM Forces Mail for British Forces Post Offices (BFPOs) are Monday, November 29 for Airmail to Operational HM Forces and Monday, December 6 for Airmail to Static HM Forces.
If you would like to talk to us about your own direct marketing campaigns, we’d love to help!
From all of us here at Herald Chase, wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year 🙂